About National Cadet Corps:
NCC was instituted in Andhra Pradesh in May 1949, when it was a part of the erstwhile composite Madras State.In 1956, on reorganization of the state, the existing NCC units were organized into an Independent NCC Circle Headquarters for the new state of Andhra Pradesh. Which was designated as HQ 12 Circle Cadet Corps.This was re- designated as a Directorate in the year 1962, with an Air Commodore as Director.The Director?s post was re- designated as Deputy Director Gen in Aug 1985. Initially this directorate was established for nine group headquarters located at Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Waltair, Kakinada, Vijayawada, Guntur, Tirupati, Kurnool and Warangal. Each of the group headquarters was commanded by a Lt Col/ equivalent rank from the Navy/Air Force.