BT is one of the world’s leading communications services companies, serving the needs of customers in the UK and in more than 170 countries worldwide. Our main activities are the provision of fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
1. Under supervision to evaluate, co-ordinate, test and install software/hardware provided by suppliers with appropriate controls and standards e.g. Firewalls/Data Security, DBMS, MVS software, Network software and hardware.
2. Under supervision to test & install software maintenance upgrades provided by suppliers.
3. To provide problem diagnosis and resolution liaising with technical manager, peers, suppliers and customer/developer groups where appropriate; could be asked to provide full 24-hour on call emergency support.
4. To ensure operational procedures are in place, maintained and followed as approved by technical team leader.
5. To support recovery activities following failure including disaster recovery.
6. To provide limited advice & guidance to other groups on technical and operational issues.
7. To provide resource and expertise to support product evaluations with other groups/customers.
8. To ensure all appropriate documentation is provided and maintained to the ISO9001 standard.